By KEK PEGGY
This publication celebrates the 20 th Anniversary of Asia-Europe assembly (ASEM), that is a political discussion technique bringing jointly governments and civil society individuals from Asia and Europe. The booklet depicts the evolution of Asia-Europe kinfolk because the starting place of the ASEM, an off-the-cuff political discussion method, initiated in 1996. The booklet chapters are contributed through leaders of Asia and Europe together with Head of states and Ministers from Asia and Europe. it's a precise booklet commemorating and celebrating two decades of Asia-Europe relations.
- Foreword (Ambassador ZHANG Yan)
- Introduction: ASEM at 20 (Peggy KEK)
- The Asia-Europe assembly (ASEM): A Bridge among East and West (GOH Chok Tong)
- Building on twenty years of ASEM: increasing Connectivity and Inclusion (Chimediin SAIKHANBILEG)
- Connectivity: Shaping the way forward for ASEM (ZENG Peiyan)
- 20 Years of Asia-Europe assembly from 1996 to 2016: An lively Partnership — prepared for the following many years (Frank-Walter STEINMEIER)
- Making Employability paintings: Indonesia's adventure (Anies BASW EDAN)
- The starting and way forward for ASEM: the opportunity of the Silk street undertaking and the AIIB (Romano PRODI)
- Japan's Initiative for the Asia-Europe assembly (ASEM) (Fumio KISHIDA)
- Building a Joint destiny for ASEM: View from Kazakhsta (Erlan IDRISSOV)
- Connectivity because the Key function of ASEM's 3rd Decade (Jean ASSELBORN)
- The monetary and Social value of Creativity (Jet BUSSEMAKER)
- Role of tradition and the humanities for the advertising of Mutual realizing and improvement among Asia and Europe (KIM Jongdeok)
- Sweden's Contribution to the ASEM casual Seminars on Human Rights (Margot WALLSTRöM)
- Reflections on ASEF (Tommy KOH & Peggy KEK)
- About the Editor
- About the Series
ASEM: New Beginnings:
ASEM: the longer term, construction at the previous and Present:
ASEM AND ASEF:
Readership: Policy-makers, teachers and common readers attracted to Asia-Europe relations.
Read or Download 20 YEARS OF ASIA-EUROPE RELATIONS PDF
Similar international affairs books
Japan is an monetary strength of worldwide importance; it's also the world's biggest unmarried nationwide importer of oil. those proof on my own are adequate to point the importance of Japan's courting with the center East. yet in reality, Japan's relatively robust pursuits within the heart East expand way past oil, and contain banking, funding, and an expanding crisis with financial information.
Delicate strength has tended to be missed within the box of diplomacy, usually pushed aside as missing relevance or robustness as a theoretical idea. This booklet seeks to extend upon the assumption of ‘soft energy’ in diplomacy and to enquire the way it truly services through taking a look at 3 case reports in Japan-China relatives throughout the post-war interval.
Lately, a few ecu nations abolished nationwide border controls in prefer of Europe’s exterior frontiers. In doing so, they challenged fashioned conceptions of sovereignty, territoriality, and safety in global affairs. Setting forth a brand new analytic framework expert via constructivism and pragmatism, Ruben Zaiotti strains the transformation of underlying assumptions and cultural practices guiding ecu policymakers and postnational Europe, laying off mild on present developments characterizing its politics and kinfolk with others.
This sequence called Persian Gulf focuses on India’s bilateral kin with the sector and discusses the political, strategic, financial, strength, cultural and social family. subsidized by means of statistical details, it presents a accomplished account of varied points of the bilateral family and offers special analytical insights into fresh advancements.
- Strategic Relations Between the US and Turkey 1979-2000: Sleeping with a Tiger (Routledge Studies in Middle Eastern Politics)
- Modernity and National Identity in the United States and East Asia, 1895-1919 (New Studies in U.S. Foreign Relations)
- Contemporary India and South Africa: Legacies, Identities, Dilemmas
- The Anatomy of a Deception: A Reconstruction and Analysis of the Decision to Invade Iraq
Extra info for 20 YEARS OF ASIA-EUROPE RELATIONS
20 YEARS OF ASIA-EUROPE RELATIONS by KEK PEGGY